help with speakup kernel and software speech

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Jan 15 12:48:13 EST 2006

No, that won't work.

I'm not sure Festival is even available to use Speakup, though I do
recall sometime ago someone was putting that together.

The currently available soluion will require you to do considerably
more. I don't even recall all the steps--you'll have to poke through the
Speakup archives.

There will be another solution available soon. I've been reluctant to
talk about it because I'm behind schedule releasing it, but it is coming
and should be only a matter of weeks:

http://TTSynth.Com