help with install of debian and speakup!?

BlindTech of BlindTechs.Net blindtech at blindtechs.net
Sun Jan 15 03:42:22 EST 2006

no. the trouble I am having is
when it is doing its initial boot, I get an msg saying "Alps Touch
pad detected disabling hardware tapping"

now, I had this problem when I was installing fc4 and That was with
brltty. so now, I want to install the speakup fc3. but with the fc4
issue I had to dusavke tge niyse devuce ub tge vuis abd tge fc4
viited, but nothing I do with the fc3 will boot it. unless I research
the boot commands ffor the boot prompt. the rescuee cd, the bootcd or
install cd1 won't boot it with tts=ltlk,ttyS0. all I get is
doubletalk started, speeking and then the error msg on my screen, the
doubletalk doesn't even speak the error, it just speaks its startup
msg. any ideas?