Booting fedora

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jan 13 16:37:34 EST 2006

Bill and I are wondering whether it's some kind of IRQ problem. That
would be unfortunate because it can be a bit difficult to clean IRQ
issues up.

Have you said "no" to networking?

By the way, once you're booted you can try various things until you find
exactly what service is killing your speech. For instance:

service network start

starts networking, and

service network stop

stops it. Yes there's also a

service network restart

Each /etc/init.d/ service can be managed this way in Fedora, and the:

chkconfig

command helps you make various service settings permanent between boots.