Problem setting up flite

Alastair Irving alastairirving19 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 11 04:24:43 EST 2006

Hello

I'm trying to compile flite 1.3 on my fedora core   4 linux machine.  If
I just do ./configure and make, then the flite binary compiles, and
works fine.  However, to use flite with eflite, I need the flite
libraries.  These do not appear to compile with the above procedure.  I
have tried ./configure --enable-shared, but when I do this and try to
compile the source, I almost imediately get an error saying auclient.os
cannot be found.

What does this mean?  Why can I compile the excecutable, but not the
library?

e-mail: alastairirving19 at hotmail.com
or
alastair.irving1 at btopenworld.com