Remote Asterisk; was Re: ssh

Jim Kutsch jimkutsch at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 08:00:05 EST 2006

Yes you can.  Absolutely.  Although there is Digicom (and other) hardware
that *CAN* be used, it is possible to run a software only Asterisk
installation.  Note, root access is necessary for parts of the installation.
I run  two software only Asterisk systems, one  here and one in Ohio.  I did
the complete install and do all of the configuration on the remote system
without ever being there.

Jim Kutsch
Morristown, NJ