a quick and easy backup program?

Jan Buchal buchal at brailcom.org
Sun Feb 26 02:28:47 EST 2006

>>>>> "t" == tyler  <compgeek13 at gmail.com> writes:

    t> Hay list, I am looking for something that will backup all
    t> packages that I have installed. Basically, what I want to do is
    t> install debian on a new system, and install the programs needed
    t> to extract the backup, and then run that program, and have an
    t> exact copy of the same debian system that I have on another
    t> computer, so, make an image of my other debian system, and bring
    t> it to another computer. Is this possible? Thanks, Tyler

What is backup of all packages? Informations about installed packages?
All installations with configurations? If you wont install the same
installation to another computer then you can easy use 'cp -a /' on
other partition or hdd. It will be copy all files of all mounting fs.

Best regards

--

Jan Buchal
Tel: (00420) 24 24 86 008