Kernel and Speakup Question

ace ace at freedomchat.org
Thu Feb 23 22:49:51 EST 2006

Hello,

Whenever I compile a large program, my kernel warns me over and over
about the CPU temperature being over the threshold and that it is going
into modulated clock mode.  I have never had any problems with this
system so find this message extremely annoying.  I know, however, that
Linux doesn't lie.

Also, how does one fix the problem with Speakup not saying words with
apostrophes properly?  For instance, it says haven t instead of the
proper pronunciation.  I have a DECTalk Express.  This does not occur
with Double Talk synthesizers.

Thanks,
Robby