Dectalk external

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Wed Feb 22 10:10:33 EST 2006

Hi Jim.  As far as I know, the DecTalk external has only been tested
with version 2.0 of the firmware.  If you power up your DecTalk external
and you hear the test dial tones followed by "DecTalk 2.0 is running.",
then you definitely have a dectalk external that will work.

To other folks on the list, there seems to be some confussion for some
of you about what is a dectalk external, and what is a dectalk express.
The difference is that the old external dectalk is a big box about 4
inches high, about 18 inches long, and about 12 inches wide.  It does
not have an ac adapter, but uses a standard grounded power cable.

The express is about 1.5 inches thick, about 8 inches long, and about  4
inches  wide.  It uses an adapter cable with a power brick on the wall
end.  I hope this helps clear up some confussion.

Gene