Speak Freely

ace ace at freedomchat.org
Sat Feb 18 15:02:49 EST 2006

Hello,

I am not having any luck with this at all.  I am not sure if using
the official version versis the modified version makes much of a
difference, either.  I first set up a reflector on a box that is
always online.  My girlfriend and I then connect to it with the
Windows clients to test.  She could speak and I could hear her;
however, whenever I spoke, she could not hear me.  I cannot be
heard.  When we tried it under Linux: first, my mic isn't muted so I
hear the damned echo whenever I talk into it; secondly, she couldn't
hear me and I could not hear her.  The Linux version gave no
indication as to whether I was connected or not; all it displayed was
to press the space bar to speak and . for text chat.  In either case,
I really wish to use Linux but voice chatting is one thing I do on a
regular basis, so it is crucial that I have an application that
works.  I got my email working and everything else; this is the only
issue remaining.  If anyone has any suggestions or alternative
programs that I can try, I would appreciate the input.  Thanks.

Robby