Dectalk external

John McCann lists at jamsite.us
Wed Feb 15 18:57:23 EST 2006

Ace:

Tyler Spivey answered this question back on September 26th of last year. I
knew I had saved the post, the text of which appears below.

John

You can  get the version of the firmware by typing:
echo "[:ver speak]" >/proc/speakup/synth_direct
before you do this, turn off speakup with insert-enter - because you're
writing directly to the synth, and speakup might silence the string if
it speaks the prompt right after.