2.6 Debian speakup install cd?

Jacob Schmude j.schmude at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 21:28:41 EST 2006

Hi All

I've got an AMD64 system I'd like to install Debian on.
Unfortunately, te speakup install cd, while containing a 2.6 kernel,
seems to only have a speakup-enabled 2.4 kernel. My motherboard has
an nVidia NForce3 250gb chipset on it, most of which is not supported
by the 2.4 series kernel included in Debian. In particular, I'm
lacking support for my nVidia SATA chip as well as my IDE controller--
also nVidia, both of which are rather important. I assumed the ide-
generic would take care of my IDE support for the cd drive, but it
doesn't.
Does anyone have a speakup-enabled debian 2.6 install cd? Or failing
that, are any 2.6-based distributions aside from Fedora Core 3 and
Gentoo speakup-enabled? I don't think I'm going to reinstall Gentoo
here, as it broke itself completely when I did a world update,
resulting in my need to reinstall linux here--the world update broke
portage, which broke the service init scripts, and I can't even get
portage to run in order to fix it.

thx