Linux on BrailleNotes

Jim Kutsch jimkutsch at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 1 08:58:51 EST 2006

What interface is proprietary?  I just don't get this repeated "you can't"
from multiple authors in this thread.  A small Linux distro with newly
written device drivers for hardware specifics should do it.  Sure, it's not
already out there but, look, Linux runs on lots of hardware platforms and
many of them have unique hardware to manage.  For example, I have it running
here on a desktop, laptop, AMD server, wireless router, and a VoIP/SIP
telephone set.  These certainly have proprietary hardware interfaces.  What
part of Linux and open source in general isn't understood here?

Jim Kutsch
Morristown, NJ