Knoppix_speak up not talking.

Anthony Creapeau creapeaa at msoe.edu
Sun Dec 31 04:04:00 EST 2006

Hi everyone, I'm a new be to Linux and I'm trying to get the knoppix_speak
up which I got from the speak up page to talk. I'm using a Think pad X60s
and an external dectalk express synthesizer connected via serial port. I've
tried letting it boot without any arguments and by using the "knoppix
speakup_synth=dectlk" argument. No luck either way. Can anybody offer any
suggestions? I'm currently in an advanced Unix administration class and I
have used Linux before. Please help me to get this running. I'd appreciate
any help. Thanks!

Anthony Creapeau
Management Information Systems
Milwaukee School of Engineering