Speakup and Gentoo-Sources 2.6.18

Keith Hinton keithint38 at CommSpeed.net
Thu Dec 28 12:22:55 EST 2006

Hi,
The speakup supplyed with Gentoo-Sources 2.6.18 fails to speak particular characters when pressed. The period is not spoken, dash, slash, and there may be others. (This is with Gentoo-sources 2.6.18, Running on an AMD Athlon, 64-bit support is enabled, and speakup is compiled. But the problem is that some punctuation keys are not echoed. Speakup does nothing period, when encountering the abuv characters.
Simply acts like I never hit the slash, etc. BC no speech output is produced, not any, with the characters I mentioned, as mentioned, may be many more---Contact me if you can, this is an urgent issue, Patching a new speakup into the Gentoo kernel will fail, as the speakup sources will be forced to have to be re-writen to be running on an AMD system, in a non-32-bit environment.
Regards,
--Keith.