Strange messages

randy turner rturner222 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 25 08:49:23 EST 2006

hi dan,
how much memory does that computer have?
and do you have a swap partision?
also if you are compiling a kernel you might want to turn off the dma.
but i have found that a 2.6 kernel detects memory a lot better.
if you are compiling a kernel tell the kernel to do  an extra kallsyms pass
thiswill be under Configure standard kernel features (for small systems in
the 2.6.18.1 kernel
hope this helps some.
randy