Network File Systems

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Sun Dec 24 16:31:32 EST 2006

I use short-term nfs mounts of directory trees for performing backups
and upgrading software across my LAN.  Nfs has worked quite well for
me in this capacity.

HTH, and have a great day.

On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 03:13:46PM -0700, Steve Holmes wrote:
> I'm curious what others here on the list might use for sharing file
> systems over a local area network.  I'm mainly talking about going
> between different Linux boxes.  Obviously, I use Samba for connecting my
> Linux clients to Windows machines.  But I wonder about the merit of
> using Samba to share between Linux boxes or if I should use NFS instead.
>
> Curious minds want to know:).
>
> --
> HolmesGrown Solutions
> The best solutions for the best price!
> http://holmesgrown.ld.net/

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
...passing through The City of Internet at the speed of light!
CIRCLE RADIUS = sqrt (x ^ 2 + y ^ 2)