Network File Systems

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Sun Dec 24 12:42:13 EST 2006

Yeah, in some ways, I find Samba easier to set up too.  My only
complaint right now is all the files I copy onto a Samba share end up
with the execute bit set on.  That plays havic with mplayer when I wanna
play sound files.  Actually, it's mc that has trouble with the execute
bit on sound files.  When I use mc to browse a directory, I have it set
up to where I can hit the enter key on a file and mplayer plays it; if
execut bit is on, that doesn't work for some reason.  Anyway, that's
just one of the pit-falls of using SMB to share files.  I might be able
to find a way around this problem though.

On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 06:56:56PM -0700, Gregory Nowak wrote:

HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!
http://holmesgrown.ld.net/