more fc6 installation blues

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Fri Dec 22 16:21:03 EST 2006

I used askmethod at the boot prompt.  When the installer gave me the choice
of installation sources, I chose http.  The installer had field for Web site
and for directory, so I put www.speakupmodified.org in the first of these
fields and cdroms.html in the second.  My provider is verizon.net.  I have
not had access trouble in normal use.  (For what it's worth, I do find that
mere FTP doesn't seem to find the FTP sites I want, whereas NCFTP does.
I've found that with FC2 NCFTP would allow me to use the full path to the
directory I want, but with GRML I can only go to the site, and must change
directores only after getting there.)

Thanks for your thoughts.  If there's something more I can do, I'll
appreciate that info.

Al