debian speakup and amd machines

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Dec 12 17:12:15 EST 2006

I haven't yet done an install onto the amd machine I now have with debian
speakup but did notice when the intel installed debian speakup disk was
used in the amd a couple things happened with speakup.  First speech on
the doubletalk lt came on and remained on until speech crashed due to a
serial card probe of the card the speech synthesizer was on.  The gray
enter key below the gray plus key on the numberpad did not silence speech
with this type of architecture.  I thought maybe if I silence speech until
it's time to log in I'd get it working but no such luck so far.  What's
the likelyhood a complete install on this amd machine will clear this
problem?  The motherboard is an asus and it is an amd athelon 64 that
emulates 32-bit mode when I run windows xp on it.