question for GRML users

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Tue Dec 12 16:55:40 EST 2006

Mika, thanks!

Al
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Prokop" <mika at grml.org>
To: <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2006 4:19 PM
Subject: Re: question for GRML users

* Albert E. Sten-Clanton <albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net> wrote:

> From what I've read and what the GRML install looks like to me, it
> seems GRML is designed to install entirely on one partition, which
> it then makes bootable.

People are supposed to adjust their setup on their own, yes.

> Has anyone installed it instead so that there's a separate, small
> boot partition?  I'd like to have a /boot, /root, /swap, and /home
> partition if I can.  I'll be grateful for any advice, even if it
> ends up being that I can't install GRML that way.  Thanks!

Just create the according partitions.  Assuming you want to use
/dev/hda2 as your /home partition run something like (depends on
your setup and needs of course):

mount /dev/hda2 /mnt/hda2
cp -a /home/* /mnt/hda2/
umount /mnt/hda2

and adjust /etc/fstab then (/dev/hda2 /home ....).

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins