uestion for GRML users

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Tue Dec 12 16:45:03 EST 2006

Here's another GRML question...

Can someone point me at some docs for getting USB working?

I have this MP3 player, specifically an iAudio X5, which should just
detect as another hard drive...it did with Fedora, anyway...and I want
to get it working with my grml installation so I can stick some data
on it. Of course, I never have got my had around USB under Linux
anyway in the bunch of years I've been playing with Linux, so I could
use the help...

lsmod shows that usbcore, pci_hotplug, and ohci_hcd are loaded in the
kernel. The motherboard is a SIS chipset.

I have a feeling I should also have usb-storage, but even modprobe for
it and loading it doesn't get the drive recognized. I know I'm leaving
out a critical step somewhere.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV: Executive In Training!
Independent Watkins Manager #361534

Shop our catalog of over 350 products for your home and health...and
check out our fabulous 2006 Holiday Gift and Entertaining Line!
http://www.tastyshop.net
...And see how a Watkins business can improve your life in our free
Ebook: http://www.tastybiz.com