grml 0.6 upgrade question

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Sun Dec 10 07:56:30 EST 2006

* Jude DaShiell <jdashiel at shellworld.net> wrote:

> Since grml is a security hardened operating system when I upgraded some
> packages on it to 0.8 version level status I was told the packages could
> be compromised since their signatures couldn't be verified.  What part or
> parts of the upgrade process did I omit?

Very probably you are talking about the new grml repositories:
http://lists.mur.at/pipermail/grml/2006-December/001159.html

Solution as documented at http://wiki.grml.org/doku.php?id=debian =>

gpg --keyserver subkeys.pgp.net --recv-keys F61E2E7CECDEA787
gpg --export F61E2E7CECDEA787 > /etc/apt/grml.key
apt-key add /etc/apt/grml.key

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://www.michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins