speakup and ubuntu

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Thu Dec 7 16:07:41 EST 2006

Have you tried running the script in sudo mode e.g. if the script is called
myscript "sudo myscript", some of the stuff mentioned to start speakup needs
root permissions. Note: after issuing the command using sudo, you may be
prompted for your password before the script is run.

From
Michael Whapples