external synthrecommendation?

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Dec 6 09:54:25 EST 2006

From: "Kirk Reiser" <kirk at braille.uwo.ca>
>I would recommend just getting your DoubleTalk LT repaired and
> upgraded rather than buying a new synth.  You could send it back to RC
> Systems or send it here to I.A.M. in London.  Their number is (519)
> 679-4828 if you want to phone them to find out about cost and time
> etc.  If you called Randy and explain to him it was fucked before the
> one year was up he might even repair it for nothing.

He did.  After asking me to run some tests, Randy said i could send it back.
I just got it back yesterday and it's working again.

Greg Nowak pegged the problem too -- bad serial cable.  I kind of suspected
that too but the one thing that made me doubt it was that I couldn't get it
to work by jiggling the cable.  I think the pins inside the molded end were
bad and that may be why jiggling it didn't help. .