PROBLEM UPGRADING FROM FC2 TO FC6

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Tue Dec 5 22:33:42 EST 2006

> No need to repartition. However, reformat the partitions. This is an
> option in the Custom menu.

Thanks for that info.  I'll return to the battlefield tomorrow.

"It's not reasonable to expect to upgrade from FC2 all the way to FC6."

It is reasonable, though, to expect that sort of info in an installation
guide.  I just rechecked the one for FC6, and didn't find it in the section
on upgrading.  I also hadn't found it in the one for FC5.  This is in
contrast with the installation guide for Red Hat 9, which specifies that you
can upgrade to Red Hat 9 from versions 6.2 and later.  Maybe there's a good
reason to omit such info from the Fedora guides, but I doubt it.

Al