Equalizers

Radical NetSurfer radsurfer at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 15:44:30 EST 2006

I am curious to see what kind of response I'll get to
this practice:

I like using a 10-band audio equalizer on my sound and
speech cards.  I find that it makes synthetic speech
that much more tolerable or enjoyable....
otherwise its either too bassy or some other quality
is
just lacking...
I can adjust the audio frequencies to my liking when
reading a full length book and actually manage to get
through all of it.

So I am simply curious if anyone else has tried that?

I have also come to the conclusion that DoubleTalk
does not have enough of a Speed adjustment. It is
either too
darn fast, or very slow to my ears.
Has anyone the opinion that the speed of the CPU is
somehow influencing the talking speed of the
DoubleTalk?
Faster PC's should be be to spoon-feed the text much
quicker than a 486/DX2/66, for example...
Perhaps the T timer buffer thingy is a factor?
I just can't seem to get a speed I thoroughly enjoy
yet.

Otherwise, not up to too much else here.
Hope everyone has a very joyous December!

//Rich//