speakup and ubuntu

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Mon Dec 4 11:12:36 EST 2006

On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 10:06:52AM -0600, Kenny Hitt wrote:
> It exists in the distros I've used, but each of them uses it
> differently.  Debian based distros only use run levels for single user
> default, and shutdown.
> I'll have to recheck to be sure, but run levels 2 through 5 are all the
> same on Debian based distros like Ubuntu and main stream Debian.
This is true, but there's no reason a run level can't be customized to meet a particular need either. One could, for instance, change to runlevel 3 and then remove gdm from starting there if one chose to.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV: Executive In Training!
Independent Watkins Manager #361534

Shop our catalog of over 350 products for your home and health...and
check out our fabulous 2006 Holiday Gift and Entertaining Line!
http://www.tastyshop.net
...And see how a Watkins business can improve your life in our free
Ebook: http://www.tastybiz.com