speakup and ubuntu

Michael Whapples mikster4 at msn.com
Sun Dec 3 13:02:37 EST 2006

As I remember if you use the ubuntu package for espeak, you will just need
to edit the binary call in the speech-dispatcher espeak-generic.conf file to
get it working as for some reason the ubuntu espeak pachage calls the binary
espeak and not speak, but they didn't alter the speech-dispatcher package to
reflect that. If you don't want to edit the files, then just download the
files from the espeak website http://espeak.sf.net and manually install it.

From
Michael Whapples