2.6.17-speakup-686

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Aug 27 22:11:38 EDT 2006

I tried the upgrade and failed.  Everything went wrong toward the end of
the install apparently.  Some init file got deleted since the kernel
script couldn't find something it needed and the message that told me
about it had the word "therefore" in it.  When I rebooted the disk in
order to remove the old kernel the disk detection happened but speakup
will no longer speak.  When I can get some help I'll find out what the
message is on boot up and send that along.  I'm using grml on another hard
drive to send this information.  I think I'll try install slackware on my
3rd hard drive before trying more kernel upgrads.  That way I have an Ace
in the hole.