Installing fedora

guy schlosser guyster at buckeye-express.com
Thu Aug 24 18:48:15 EDT 2006

Hey all fellow listers, how's it going?  It's been a while since I've
been on here, but have a question about installing Fedora.  I looked
at the download page and see that there is install media for Fedora
core 3, but 6 is the most recent.  Is there a speakup modified
install package for the most recent version, or can I install 3 and
update later to current?  Also, is speech dispatcher or speechd-up
installed by default?  I now have a Braille Note PK, so should be
able to get speakup talking me through the install with that,
right?  I do miss my doubletalk, but since I don't have any ISA
slots, I'm kind of stuck.  Is there a good howto on getting software
speech working?  That way I can get that running once I'm installed
and have a working linux box.  Any thoughts or suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks, and I hope to join the linux world again soon.

Guy