Consecutive Duplicate Lines in Dec-Talk?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Tue Aug 22 14:20:51 EDT 2006

While Speakup works quite alot better with this Dec-Talk U S B than the older
decpc card, I am still noticing some strangeness.
First of all, when useing screen-review, probably related with capitalization,
while arrowing, pitch-and-rate are knocked down.  I then need to go-and-change
both settings for it to return to where I want them.  This can sometimes happen
twice in a minute while arrowing with screen-review.
Also, while arrowing quickly, I quite often here the previous line again
instead of the new line.  This can be miss-leading if you are looking for
something particular on screen like a url.
Other times reading in especially pine or L Y N X  I hit space for the next
screen, but some or all of the previous screen reads.
Other times I hit controll to interrupt speech--and I may hear a single letter
such as an h or an r
Please, can some1 tell me what speakup or dectalk settings I can change to fix
this inconsistant behavior?
I am home on a 24-day-weekend, so if we want to experiment live on the phone,
we can
Lastly, I notice m player works faster once I kill speakup.
Thanks in advance
Hart