getting a more updated 2.6 kernel for the debian sarge version

Nick Gawronski nick at nickgawronski.com
Sat Aug 19 19:22:22 EDT 2006

Hi, I have tried everything to build a kernel for debian using the standard
kernel configuration and compilation process, I used make-kpkg to make the
process easier.  Everything goes well until I try to boot with the new
kernel, I get no speakup or any keyboard abilities.  I have enabled keyboard
support built into the kernel and have selected the proper type of keyboard,
What is the latest kernel headers package for the 2.6 release and what is
the best way to get it and install it over my existing 2.6.8 kernel headers
so the new ones replace the older ones.  Is there an updated kernel with
speakup debian package somewhere or can someone here please try to help me
with this one?