eSpeak - new release

chuckh at hhs48.com chuckh at hhs48.com
Wed Aug 9 07:51:15 EDT 2006

Jonathan,

Nice job. Thanks for this upgrade. The default volume of the speak
command is okay, but I had a bit of a time getting speech-dispatcher
0.6.1 to match the volume. Maybe Hynek has a suggestion on that score.
What finally  worked for me was to change the parameter "-a $VOLUME" to
"-a 50" in the espeack-generic-conf file, after trying a variety of
other possible fixes. Out of the box, the speech-dispatcher
espeak-generic-conf  settings volume was much too low.

Thanks again for a very nice job. Keep up the good work.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Full
Only 10 kinds of people: those who do binary, and those who do not.