speakup from cvs fails to patch vt.c in kernel 2.6.16.10 and up

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Sat Apr 29 09:27:13 EDT 2006

> No, you misunderstood me. I meant that speakup patches into 2.6.16
> period. I posted my message, because your message indicated that
> speakup didn't patch into 2.6.10 and up, and that it also didn't patch
> into 2.6.16, and that it does patch into.

No, Speakup doesn't patch against 2.6.16 and probably no 2.6 kernels
since Monday. Gilles patches work OK, but I think they were incorrectly
applied against for CVS. Currently the CVS contains something like a
patch against a patch, at least for vt.c, which is of course incorrect.
I've already reported this to Kirk.

I think it was just some communication noise and it seems trivial to
fix, so I hope it will be working soon again.

With regards,
Hynek Hanke