text editors with elinks or links?

Trevor Astrope astrope at tabbweb.com
Sat Apr 22 22:52:42 EDT 2006

Just run that at your shell prompt before you start links or elinks. It
sets the EDITOR environment variable that elinks will automatically read
and use as your editor. Just give it a try. If you're not using a bash
shell, try something like this:

EDITOR=pico ; export EDITOR

or setenv EDITOR pico

One of those should do the trick.

If you don't want to type it every time you login, put it in your
.bash_profile, .profile or .login, depending on your shell.

Afaik, you can't set the editor within elinks, it can only be changed by
setting the EDITOR environment variable.

Hth,

Trevor