More scripting help

Chris Norman cnorman at rnibncw.ac.uk
Sat Apr 22 18:38:50 EDT 2006

Hi people,
I want to change all the RTF files on my computer into TXT ones. I tried the
following:

for FILE in `locate *.rtf`
do
{
unrtf --nopics --text '$FILE' >'$FILE.txt'
rm -f $FILE
}
done

But I have a problem, unrtf says there's an error opening the file, but it
won't give me a name, so I don't know if my variable is getting asigned
properly, I just know that for every file, I get a "Can't open file" error.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

PS: I would also like to avoid (if at all possible) the crap that unrtf puts
into the resulting text file, is this possible?

Cheers,

Chris Norman
<!-- chris.norman4 at ntlworld.com -->