debian versions (was: package installation problem)

John Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Fri Apr 21 16:21:19 EDT 2006

At 02:18 PM 4/21/2006, Gregory Nowak wrote:

>On Fri, Apr 21, 2006 at 10:53:36AM -0500, John Heim wrote:
> > any sound card won't work -- you need a low voltage, half height
>card).
>
>Where does one get one of those? They're not very common.

I don't know right now. It's come up on the soekris email list from time to
time. I wasn't ready to put a sound card in so I didn't pay much attention.
I didn't know 3.3v sound cards were that hard to find. There happened to be
a full-height 3.3v sound card lying around here so I assumed they were
fairly common.

I can probably try to get software speech  working with the full sized
card. It sticks out of the case but that should not be a problem while I'm
messing with it.

BTW, I've just had a look at the Soekris web site, and didn't see the
>4500 mentioned anywhere. The lowest 4500 model mentioned is the 4501,
>and that comes only with a 133 Mhz 486 class CPU.

I have a 4801. If I ever talked about a 4500, it was merely a typo.