Possible bug in either speech-dispatcher or speechd-up

Hynek Hanke hanke at brailcom.org
Mon Apr 10 11:21:48 EDT 2006

Lorenzo Taylor píše v Po 10. 04. 2006 v 11:00 -0400:
> I just tried running Espeak with Speech-dispatcher 0.6 and the latest speechd-up
> from CVS.  I am having a strange problem when doing this.

Hi Lorenzo,

could you please switch on log-level 5 in Speech Dispatcher
(/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf, LogLevel), debugging
mode in the output module
(/etc/speech-dispatcher/modules/espeak-generic.conf, Debug)
and run speechd-up with
	killall speechd-up
	speechd-up -l 5
and send me the three log files from Dispatcher, the module
and speechd-up after reproducing the bug? They do all appear
in /var/log/ by default. See Dispatcher manual for more details.

This way I can look at the exact comunication between the components
and I can say which of them produces the bahavior you described.
If it is speechd-up, Dispatcher, the generic module or your
configuration script.

Please send the files privately to hanke at brailcom dot org, not to
this mailing list, as they can be rather big.

Thank you,
Hynek Hanke