apple's screen reader (was New Linux PDA For Blind People)

bob bobdodd at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 03:23:41 EDT 2006

On 4/4/06, Sergei V. Fleytin <fleytin at yandex.ru> wrote:
> Hi, list.
>
> For those of you who are interested in creating formated documents but
> have difficulties in learning things like latex I would suggest tools
> like txt2tags http://txt2tags.sourceforge.net or muse for emacs
> http://www.mwolson.org. These tools are using very simple and easy to
> learn textual markup to convert your plain text into several other
> formats including latex, html, pdf ETC.

Very good suggestions. It really depends on what features you need.
Personally I'd argue that you're better off putting in the time on
something like Latex, because then you can do anything you need, but
it is an awfully big investment in time and effort. I once heard of
learning Latex being compared to physiotherapy. Having broken my
shoulder a few years ago, I'd probably agree with that. Boy, the
physio hurt.

Bob Dodd
Accessibility Research Centre
University of Teesside