speaking of Zinf?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Apr 3 15:42:42 EDT 2006

Last evening Lorenzo-and-I were installing zinf.  I wanted zinf because I had
heard it was a winamp clone of sorts.  However, the feature I really wanted, we
cannot enable?  Seemingly none of the settings ajust the equalization?  In the
prefferences file, there's a line with several 50s.  Supposing the later
setting are for higher frequencies, I even made the last 2 up to I think 500.
Still no improvement, if anything the audio in zinf is a little loer--and maybe
a little flatter.  I really want to boost the highs.  I have a U S B Audigy
sound-card.
In winamp we were able to use some plugins--and it does sound better.
Also, I notice if I move to the end of a song, I receive error messages, as it
says it is aborting.
Thanks much in advance for any tips on configuring
Hart