apple's screen reader (was New Linux PDA For Blind People)

bob bobdodd at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 13:56:11 EDT 2006

On 4/3/06, Jane Jordan (gmail) <juanitatighan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hang on there.  How did you handle footnotes?  Or did you have to
> have footnotes?  Works Cited I can understand ... but I have to put
> footnotes in, not works cited entries.  Of course, at the end of the
> paper I have to put in a Works Cited list, but that's easy.
>
> Jane

If you want to use Plain Old Text Editor for word processing, I would
have thought Latex might be the way to go. You format your document in
plain text using keywords in a way similar to editing web pages. I
have to say that the learning curve is a little steep (an
understatement) but it can do everything that Word can, including
footnotes. Entire PhD theses are written using Latex.

Bob Dodd,
Accessibility Research Centre,
University of Teesside,
United Kingdom