kernel build issue

tony seth lp800 at myfreedombox.com
Sat Apr 1 03:53:21 EST 2006

While we're on the jubject, I have a kernel question too.  I'm
currently running slackware 10.1 and a 2.4 kernel. I rolled my own 2.6
kernel, and although it mostly went as it should, all my modules seem
to have a .ko extention rather then the .o extention, and so, for
example when my sound card loads I get an error that the version is
incorrect.  How do I fix this, I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, or
forgetting something obvious, but can't think what it is...
I tried it before and got everything to work before, but don't know I
did differently. Any help appreciated... thanks much.
Cheereo!

--
Email services by FreedomBox.  Surf the Net at the sound of your voice.
www.freedombox.info