Readable text and audio formats?

Paul Migliorelli (+1 3 0 3 5 1 9 5 3 4 6 paulmigs at migliorelli.org
Fri Sep 23 23:24:28 EDT 2005

Hi all.  Occasionally I get daring and try looking at possible reading
matter for books and magazines.  I came across subscription for Fantasy
and science fiction magazine which I've always enjoyed.  It lists digital
formats that I assume you use with your handheld whatever.  Not having
paid much attention to these kind of developments, I was wondering if any
of these are usable by us?  I know audible dot com needs win to use I
guess, ***but I see mention of some kind of mp3 in the following.  So, can
mplayer or some of our apps read any of this sort of thing?  Here's th
excerpt:

nd Science Fiction - Secure Order Form (p2 of 6)
  Available Formats: Adobe Acrobat (PDF), Palm Reader (PDB),
Rocket/REB1100
 (RB), Microsoft Reader (LIT), Franklin eBookMan (FUB), Hiebook (KML),
iSilo
                          (PDB), Mobipocket (PRC)

                                audible.com
  PC Digital Audio: PocketPC models, Apple iPod, Audible Otis, Rio
players,
  Iomega HipZip, Visor with AudibleAdvisor, Digisette Duo-Aria MP3 player,
                 Franklin eBookman PDA, Palm OS5 handhelds
     Mac (Mac OS X and iTunes3) Digital Audio: Apple iPod, Audible Otis

Thanks much.