VOIP and asterisk

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Sep 23 11:40:35 EDT 2005

Oh dear, I'm very sorry. My poor adled brain mixed up to urls and ended
up giving you the wrong one:

The place to buy the Snom 320 is:

http://www.voip-supply.com

You can learn about the phone at Snom's web site at:

http://www.snom.com

Oh, and the address I got my message confused with is actually a great
resource for all things voip, even though it has far too many links in
its nav bar:

http://www.voip-info.org

All three of these are usable with lynx the cat. I bought my Snom 320
from Voip Supply using the cat.

What's so cool about it? Well how does talking caller ID on the phone's
speaker strike you? I have it working as of this morning. Very, very
cool.

Now, don't get me wrong. Snom isn't giving you talking caller ID. It's a
hack and it involves a bash script and some clever statements in
Asterisk. More on that later. Just think of this as breaking news.

What is cool about the Snom is that the web interface to configure the
phone is very accessible right out of the box.

				Janina