(OT) trying to install emacs

Sean McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue Sep 20 13:34:53 EDT 2005

If the other packages are installed, but they aren't rpms, then rpm has no way
of knowing about them.  If you know that you do indeed have them, you could try
removing what you have, and installing the rpms with some tool that will manage
dependencies for your distrobution, thereby downloading and installing the
appropriate packages.  Or, you can install the rpm with the --nodeps option and
keep what you have.  Make sure you have indeed met the dependencies of course
before installing with --nodeps.