web hosting

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Sat Sep 17 06:51:36 EDT 2005

FOlks, I know some of you are using hosting services for web sites and
such. A friend of mine is starting up a business and wants to find a
good hosting service that would give him a couple of gigs. If anyone has
a recommendation, please send me a note to n3byy at adelphia.net.
Also, on an unrelated note, if anyone has used Asterisk to access VOIP
services like Vonage etc. could you let me know if this works? I
understand there are some services you can get numbers from for free,
but don't know how best to dig into these services. I was out and saw a
piece of hardware from Linksys you can plug your phones into for about
$50, but you had to subscribe to the Vonage service. The same was with
Verizon, you had to use their hardware as its assigned a mac address and
you couldn't use your own stuff and provide them a mac and I've been
considering VOIP, but I would really hate to get tied to one service
based on this issue of assigned macs etc.
Any thoughts?

tnx