screen parameters per user

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Thu Sep 15 20:21:16 EDT 2005

Are you familiar with the speakupconf script? It can be asked to load a
set of user specific and synthesizer specific parameters upon a user
login. But what I was after was not speakup parameters, but the
underlying screen size, the number of columns and lines on the screen. I
am assuming speakup would read the whole screen, whatever its size.

>From other posts though, accessing my system with ssh solves my original
problem. i.e., how to avoid asking a remote user to use a magnifying
glass to read my teeny tiny print <smile>. It turns out that it is the
remote user's screen parameters, and not mine, that determine what he
sees.

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (94% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh
or you could Jabber me, using JID chuckh at hhs48.com