screen parameters per user

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Thu Sep 15 13:11:28 EDT 2005

When some one logs into your system from a remote system, the screen
parameters will be defined by settings on their remote system--not by
the settings you have set up for the console(s) on your system.
Setting up your system to work with certain parameters to allow for a
specific number of rows and columns on the console screen sets those
parameters to work with the video card/controller installed in your
system.  Remote systems which are used to log into your system are
likely to have different video cards/controllers, so the remote system
sets the operating parameters for displaying text or whatever.
Chances are that you will not have to make any adjustments on your
system--just have the person log in from the remote system via ssh (as
you described), and everything should work fine.

HTH, and have a _great_ day!