screen parameters per user

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Thu Sep 15 07:46:48 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have never seen any references to this, but on the chance that someone
has run across it, I would like to ask this:

Is there a way to have different screen parameters (columns and lines)
on a per user basis in Linux? I have become very attached to my enlarged
screen, 132 by 60, but would like to allow access to a user account via
ssh for someone who will not be comfortable with those dimensions. Is
there any way to revert to an 80 by 25 screen just for that user, or for
that session, without reverting to those figures for the whole system?

Any ideas or opinions appreciated. Ideas preferred of course, but
opinions welcome too.

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)
But you can still get downloads from http://www.mhcable.com/~chuckh
or you could Jabber me, using JID chuckh at hhs48.com