how can I get libXm.so.1 - was Re: software TTS

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Wed Sep 14 08:35:37 EDT 2005

Hi,
I have Viavoice outload now working with speakup.  I used the old rpms ro
install viavoice, modified the script runcmdlinespeak, and used the
generic module of speech-dispatcher to get speechd_up to use it.
I had to install glibc-2.3.1 and one or two other older libs to get it
working.
I also had another viavoice copy which cut off words and is not stable in
general.
I moved the compiled version of glibc-2.3.1 onto different machines with
success.  I have tested under Fedora 2 and 3 and Debian.
HTH
Willem